Aimed at young people between the age of 14 and 19 (13 and 19 for the Sibling youth club) who have Learning Disabilities, Autism and Challenging Behaviour, BGC offers a number of services to help teenagers, their siblings, parents and carers.
Please see our corresponding pages to find out more about our Social club, School holiday club and our Sibling Youth Club
Due to lack of numbers our Social Club and Sibling Club are not running at present
For booking forms please download our information pamphlet: afterschool.pdf
Membership for each Club is £1.00 per year per person, due at time of initial booking.
• All bookings to be made half a term in advance, for sessions or whole weeks. Payment due at the time of booking. – please note that all fees are non-refundable unless negotiated with the Mrs. Sharon Hart.
• Cheques payable to Beds Garden Carers (Beds Garden Carers is affiliated to Bedford Mencap). Financial assistance may be available, please contact Sharon Hart to discuss.
• All staff have undergone full enhanced disclosure via the Police.
• Times: Members to be dropped off at 4.00 and transport arranged to collect them at 6.00 prompt. Should you have difficulties with collecting the young person from school and delivering them to the After School Club, we may be able to assist – collection from school only. Please contact Sharon Hart.
• A fee of £10.00 for every 15 mins over the time the Club closes. Should this happen three times in any one term, you will forfeit the place in the Club.
• Please note: We will require the name of the person, together with a pre-arranged password, collecting the Club Member, or the Club Member will not be released to an unauthorised person.
• Parents/guardians/carers will be required to fill in a registration form detailing information relating to the person attending the After School Club.
This information will include:
• Emergency contact numbers.
• Name and address of GP
• Notification of any allergies and medication.
• Permission to apply a plaster/sun lotion if required, and it the need should arise to take the person to hospital where a parent/guardian will attend and take over responsibility from BGC staff.
• Permission will also be required for the person attending the Club to have their photograph taken.
• Permission will also be required to take the Club Member out on trips.
Should this consent form not be completed prior to the person joining the Club, they will be unable to start until the completed and signed form is with BGC.
All members of the After School Club are fully insured within the building or on trips out with BGC staff.